Free School Meals
You may be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive one of the following benefits.
- Income Support.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
- An income-related employment and support allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit, but not receiving Working Tax Credit, and your annual income does not exceed £16,190.
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week.
School receives additional money for children in receipt of Free School Meals. This is called Pupil Premium funding. This funding allows us to provide additional resources in school to support the progress of your child.
Any parents who would like help in applying for free school meals can speak to Mrs. Clarke or Mrs Smales who will help you complete and submit your application to the City Council.